Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sourdough bread bowls and JetBlue's pop corners

Julie and I flew out to California this past weekend to visit her brother (and his wife and cute little girl). Saturday morning we drove to San Francisco to wander around. We had sourdough bread soup-bowls (I had clam chowder in mine and Julie had the tomato soup) for lunch. Wow! So delicious. I had no idea that San Francisco is famous for sourdough bread.
This (Fisherman's Wharf) is where we devoured our yummy lunch.

Aren't those fake owls supposed to keep the birds away? I guess San Franciscan birds are a bit smarter than the rest.
The famous San Francisco trolley that we didn't get to ride. :) Actually, we didn't want to waste a whole hour standing in line to get on one.
Funny bench
Saturday afternoon I drove out to Sacramento to meet Kathy, Luther, Brian, Kelly, and Zach at the temple.
Beautiful place. I'm up to 36 now. Watch out, Dad. I'm catching up. :)

I stayed the night at the Zufelts where we ate some amazing fish tacos (special Zufelt recipe) and watched the worst BYU-Utah football game I've ever seen. By the way, the reason for the second part of the title is the fact that we flew JetBlue to California and they had some really good chips called "Pop Corners" (the Kettle variety). I ate four bags of chips there and another four on the way back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful temple and people, especially Julie, the fairest of them all. Yum, I miss the sourdough bread and clam chowder. Bring us some Pops next time you come. Mom