Sunday, June 15, 2008

St. George Wedding and Quilting

Mom and I went down to St. George this weekend for two reasons. Friday night I gave a little presentation on Iraq to some members of the Dixie Quilting Guild (and some of their friends) who had sent me boxes and boxes of little quilted hats, booties, and blankets for the Iraqi families while I was there. It was so much fun to finally meet them and share some experiences (and chocolate cake) with them. Thanks to all of you for your kindness!

The second reason we went down was to see Phil get married for time and all eternity to Natalie. You are both awesome people! May God bless you as you go throughout life together.......and Phil, don't stop coming to basketball. :)

Mom stayed with Launa and Sherell who are both great ladies. They let me test drive their Toyota Prius...
...and play with their talking Amazon Gray (his name is Zeus)

I stayed with Linda (far left). Linda, Ruth (second on the left), Teryl, and John were heavily involved in the quilting for the Iraqis. Amazing people!

Phil and Natalie coming out of the St. George Temple

Phil telling me that I'm next.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow, the quilt on the wall behind you guys is insane!!! Very beautiful. Congrats to Phil and Natalie! That's exciting. I think you're next, too. At least I hope you are, anyway. :)