Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family Reunion

Last week we finally had another family reunion. I don't remember having one for the past 10 or 15 years, so it was about time. Mom, Dad, Joseph and I drove the (approximately) nine hours out to Colorado Springs where we met Elizabeth and Dan, Sara and Jarem, and the rest of the extended family. My backside was so sore after the drive. I need more "padding" back there. We stayed at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort and had a great time with everyone for a few days. We swam in the pools, used the kayaks in the lake, played tennis, went rafting on the Colorado River, played Rook (of course), and ate good food. It was a great family reunion. Many thanks to Doug and Denise for putting it all together.



Granny talking to her posterity

Uncle Luther giving a presentation on finances

With the Zufelt gang

Paul and Zack decided to play dodgeball with the tennis equipment

Dad and Pete Sampras' equal
With the Zufelt boys on the lake
Our awesome family reunion t-shirts
Playing Rook
Other side of the Rook table

Dad playing tennis
One night we went to a place called the "Flying W Ranch" where we had a traditional cowboy dinner and a fun little concert afterward. They told us that cowboys call beans "whistle berries" because they make you "whistle". I caught Dad here praying that they won't make him whistle. After dinner I wanted to leave because I was full and a little tired, but I'm glad I didn't because the band that played was very entertaining.
Erika teaching the kids a story from the Book of Mormon
Look at that professional stance!

The two brothers

Anders had fun "yeehaaing" at the Flying W Ranch
With Paul and the Zufelts at Mimi's Cafe
The bear statue at the resort
On the Colorado River
Cowboy "Stop" sign



1 comment:

Liz said...

Great pictures!! I love the one of you and Joseph, the kayak one (we wanted to do that but never got around to it), and the river rafting! I'm glad you and Joseph had a great time with the Zufelt boys.