Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Brother Joseph in Maryland

Joseph came out to visit me for the past week and a half. We had a blast going all over the place.
Here we are taking a tour of the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD. What a fascinating place!
Joseph trying to steal George Washington's sword in the state capitol building.
This is what happens when the economy goes under. State police departments have to downsize.
We also went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. That was the best aquarium I've ever been to. It's huge and they even have a dolphin show.



Driving back down the 495 at sunset, with the DC temple off in the distance. Did you know that the temple is used as a landmark during the traffic reports? "Traffic is heavy from Mormon temple to......."
This was Embassy Open House day in DC. We got a group of friends together and visited some of the European embassies that were open to the public. I think this was the Slovenian embassy. They had a jumping contest (don't know what that has to do with Slovenia) and I beat the record so I got a t-shirt and a mug. Viva Slovenia! I wonder how many other people competed in the contest before I did it. :)
With Sarah, Kara, and Dustin at the Greek embassy. Dustin made things easy for us. Because he was in his wheelchair the embassy hosts always let us cut to the front of the lines.
In front of the British embassy (Joseph, me, Mary, Kara, Dustin, Sara, Sarah, and Heather)
Heather, Joseph, Mary
With some British folk
Can you guess which embassy we're at?
Dustin couldn't take it any longer. Hey, it's exhausting getting pushed around all day.
Joseph and I went up to the DC temple on the morning of Mother's Day to make a little video for our dear Mother. You look great in a white shirt and tie, bro!

No comments: