Monday, July 5, 2010

Capitol 4th of July

At about 12:30AM on the 4th I was lying in my bed trying to decide what I wanted to do for the 4th. Because I really enjoyed the Capitol 4th concert last year I decided to do it again, so Sarah and I went to a 9 o'clock Sacrament Meeting and then we went down and waited in line (sweating like crazy in the 95-degree heat) all day in order to save seats for our friends. We both went through six or seven bottles of water/gatorade throughout the day, but it was worth the suffering. We all enjoyed the concert/fireworks and we made new friends.


This was what I wore to keep the sun off me. I got a few funny looks. :) One cop asked me, "Are you ok?"
The man in the front is Dallas. He sat down next to us while we were waiting in line and we chatted with him about Louisiana (his home State), his floral business, his trip to DC, etc. He became our friend and he spent the whole evening with us.
Me, Emily, I'm bad with names, I'm bad with names, Jessica, and Dallas
Miriam, Dustin, Melinda, and Sara(h)
Lee, Miriam, Dustin, Brock, Melinda, Me, Sara(h), Sarah, DeAnna, and Lauri

Tired little guy
The Marine Band
Reba



This is Charles (Chuck). He and some of his family sat with us in line. He's from out west. He told us that he has watched this concert on TV for many years and he finally got out to see it in person.

No comments: