Saturday, June 26, 2010

World Cup 2010 - USA vs. Ghana

Well, the USA's run in the World Cup came to an end today. I was pretty bummed about it (and this coming from someone who only watches soccer during the World Cup). I got my hopes up that our team could do something big this time around. Well the truth is, they did do something big. Sure, they didn't win the World Cup, but they definitely played hard. They had some great chances against Ghana and they made the game exciting. Despite the early end for the team, I'm proud of our guys. I think they did a great job and I'll cheer them on again four years from now.
I went to Champs 2 1/2 hours before the game to make sure I got the best tables in the place for our group.

Focused......very focused

Last night I went to a sporting goods store right next to Champs. I wanted to see if I could find any USA apparel for the game. I found this shirt and wore it to Champs. When this nice, young lady saw my shirt she asked where I had purchased it. After finding out that I got it next door, she went and got one too.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Those are some glum faces watching the game. Can't win them all. Dan and I watched Chile vs Brazil today. sad for Chile. I'm getting as tired of Brazil winning everything as I am of the Lakers.

Great t-shirts.

Liz said...

Liz is not the way typing this; it's mom. Why would it say Liz? Hmm, because I amusing her computer?