Friday, November 25, 2011

Not Your Average Thanksgiving Dinner

Sumaia invited Jake and me over to her friend's place for a feast with food from various parts of the Middle East. This is the first time the three of us have been together since we were in the desert in 2004/2005. The food was amazing and the company was even better.
Let's see......we had the yummy cheese that is popular in the ME, some hard-boiled eggs, rice, hummus, chips and salsa, garbanzo beans, stuffing, turkey, lamb, mashed potatoes, falafel, bread, and something else (the name escapes me). Dessert was apple pie, pumpkin pie, a dessert from the ME (another name has escaped!), and fruit. Twas a feast, indeed. After dinner we talked politics and religion.......until I had had enough of politics and religion, and then I played with the kids.
The master chefs. Sumaia (on the right), Nada (in the middle), and I have the worst memory in the world. The End. Let's talk about Christmas!

3 comments:

Liz said...

So awesome! All that food looks DE-LICIOUS! Yum. I'm hungry now. (Of course, I'm always hungry lately.) :D Glad you had good food and good company on Thanksgiving. Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Makes me homesick for Middle Eastern food. Thank you Sumaia for your kindness to Daniel. He is spoiled. No wonder he can't find a girl; they don't cook like that anymore. Mom

Jessica Rose said...

That looks so incredible!!