Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday

Today we visited the Western Wall, Pools of Bethesda, Sisters of Sion (Lithostrotos), Dome of the Rock, Old City, Pools of Siloam, and Hezekiah's Tunnel.


Small Jerusalem flower

Someone's car died outside the Old City so we helped him push it up the hill and out of the way. That road wasn't much more than one lane, so you can imagine how much traffic the car was blocking.



I had to get a picture with some Orthodox Jews. I caught these kids after they finished their prayers at the Western Wall. They were hesitant at first to take a picture with me, but they finally agreed.......for a price.


Singing some hymns at Shephards Fields. This was right after we waded through Hezekiah's Tunnel, so I hadn't changed out of my swimming suit and crocks yet.

Buying the bread and za'tar that I loved to eat as a child
I can't remember if this picture was a "Wednesday" picture, but in any case we ate St. Peter's fish at one of the restaurants we went to.

Jarem taking a picture of a Russian-style church in Jerusalem

At the Dome of the Rock with Mom and Dad


We stopped at a place in Bethlehem where they make lots of things out of olive wood, but I thought playing soccer with some Palestinian kids would be a little more exciting.

No comments: