Friday, October 22, 2010

3 days, 6 temples, 1084 miles

Tuesday morning I drove to Vernal to meet my good friend, Jon, and visit the Vernal Temple.


It has a different look to it because it was converted from a tabernacle.
Thursday morning I got up early and drove to the Ogden Temple.
The Ogden Temple is going to be closed for two years for a massive makeover. I guess they finally got tired of all the complaints that this temple looks exactly like the Provo Temple. :)
I then moved on to the Logan Temple.
Beautiful

And following the Logan Temple I drove a couple of hours west to the Twin Falls Temple, where I had the good fortune of doing sealings with Brother (Doctor) Petersen, another great family friend.
Twin Falls

I spent the night at the home of my cousins in Pocatello. We had a wild game of Apples to Apples before getting some shuteye. You girls are awesome! Annalee was kind enough to give up her bed for me Thursday night. It was the first time in my life that I slept in pink/purple sheets. :)
Uncle Craig is awesome too. Here we are at the Rexburg, Idaho Temple Friday morning.

With Aunt Audrie at the Idaho Falls Temple.
I rented a small, environmentally-friendly vehicle for my temple trip.
Nope, this has nothing to do with temples. Jessica and I met up with Chris and Stacy Wednesday night for some good Lebanese food and a fun haunted house in Salt Lake.
This is what happens when I'm driving alone in Idaho with nothing to distract me.

5 comments:

Jessica Rose said...

You weren't kidding--Idaho really IS empty!

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear any sound with your little video. Enjoyed your pictures - gorgeous temples.

Walt and Eileen said...

You fit more into a day than seems possible! But how incredible that it's visiting temples!
I was somewhere in the Twin Falls Temple--on assignment--when you were doing sealings. It was a privilege for Walt to have you in one of his sealing sessions.
Love, Los Petersen - Walt & Eileen

Jessica Wigington said...

Don't they have pretty strict laws in Idaho about not filming while driving? :)

Nicman said...

Amazing song - we should do a little special musical number one day... :-)