Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hawaii - Day 6 - Laie Temple and the PCC

Jen and Quince dropped me off this morning to do a session at the Laie Temple while they took some family pictures. What a beautiful place!
The flag was at half-staff today for the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
We had lunch at Surfin' Tacos, which was very much like Cafe Rio......delicious!
Then we went next door to spend the rest of the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center, which was a highlight of my trip. Here we have Cole and Zane trying to figure out how to make the Shaka sign.
On a canoe ride with my shave ice.
A Samoan demonstrating how to climb a coconut tree.
The Tahitian girls were my favorite of the floating shows. Shakira would be jealous of those hips.
I haven't laughed this hard in a while. This guy was hilarious! He was supposed to copy everything the Tongan guy was doing.
Who's pinching Jen's bum? Wasn't me! The guy next to me needs to work on his tan. Whitey.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

It says "December 8" as the day I posted this, but that's because my computer is set on east coast time and it's still December 7th here in Hawaii. I just want everyone to know that I know Pearl Harbor happened on December 7th. :)

Liz said...

Ha ha! Jen looks hilarious. Caught off guard, eh?

So, was the guy with the Tongan drummer a performer or just a visitor? He was SUPER funny!