Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last day in Hawaii

Quince and I went on a hike this morning and it was as if we were in a little piece of paradise. If only my pictures could convey the experience better. Since I will be freezing my toosh off in Utah tomorrow, this was a nice send-off.
At the top of the trail we found this...
And 20 feet further we found this.........so what did we do?
Kept on going, of course.
After snapping a few pictures of paradise we noticed some clouds moving toward us.
Closer and closer they moved.
Until we were completely engulfed.
I know it looks like Quince is coming up, but we were actually on our way back down.
Umm, about that tan I was supposed to get. :) They sure had some crazy trees up there.
After burning all those calories we decided to stop and get some pancakes with macadamia nut syrup, with spam and eggs.



Twas a fantastic week in Hawaii. Mahalo, Jen & Quince, for being great hosts!

3 comments:

Liz said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEvGKUXW0iI

Hawaiian Christmas Song for you.

Daniel said...

Ha! Jen sent me that exact song a couple of hours ago. Funny how that wasn't the first one to come to my mind. :) I'm still looking forward to a white Christmas. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without snow.

Liz said...

Ha! You guys are nuts! And those pancakes look delicious. And how could you forget Mele Kalikimaka for a Hawaiian Christmas song?! Hellooooo, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters??!! :D