Friday, April 13, 2012

Fort McHenry

I drove up to Baltimore to see a good friend (Chris). What should have taken me one hour to drive actually took me two and a half hours because of the cursed traffic. I'm not bitter. We had dinner and walked all over the harbor catching up. Someone should tell the people of Baltimore that they spelled "Utah" wrong.
This morning I drove over to Fort McHenry, the famous site of the Battle of Baltimore, where Francis Scott Key was inspired to write The Star-Spangled Banner.


They show a short video in the visitors' center. When the video finishes they raise the screen and you see (and hear) this.
What a feeling! Those words (and music) are definitely inspiring.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Thanks DAniel. Very nice. Funny eutaw sign. The little choir had an eastern seaboard accent.

Liz said...

"Eutaw." Ha ha haaaa! That little video clip made me tear up. I love our country!