Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 12 - Ireland


 This morning I ate a traditional Irish breakfast - basically it's pig, pig, and a little more pig.  You could say I "pigged out" (hardy har).  See those dark little things on the right side?  Before I finished my last few bites I asked the waitress what they were made of.  She said she didn't know exactly what, but she knew that they're mostly pig's blood.  Uh.  Look up Irish black and white pudding on google and try not to throw up as you read the ingredients.  Despite the unappetizing description, those little things are quite tasty.
 Visited Charleville Castle on our way out of Tullamore.
I rented a manual in Ireland to make the driving a little more challenging.  Twas fun!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

We aren't supposed to eat blood. Ewww. Try not to eat pork or beef - not safe.

The steering wheel on the other side is just too odd, can't get my head around it.

You need a better camera if you are going to keep up this travel.