Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012 (Sunday/Monday)

 Wolf Trap held a free Memorial Day concert Sunday evening, with music from the President's Own Marine Band.
 Where's Dustin?

It was a beautiful evening........until it wasn't.  Halfway through the performance we noticed a quiet rumbling throughout the multitude sitting on the grass.  Everyone seemed to be looking to the rear of the area.  I looked back and saw huge, dark clouds moving toward us.  I thought, "There's only a 20% chance of rain today.  Nothing's going to happen."  Boy was I wrong.  All of a sudden we were the recipients of an east coast downpour.  Sam and Dustin tried to stay as dry as they could (with Sam's little umbrella) while I ran to get the car and Dustin's wheelchair.  Long story short:  We drove home drenched.  Is that a sign?  Was I not keeping the Sabbath Day holy by attending a free concert to honor the men and women who sacrificed for my freedoms?  Ha!  Well, it makes for an entertaining story.  It stopped raining before I arrived home, so I left the windows down all night in an attempt to dry out the inside of the car.  It took about 12 hours to dry out completely.

Monday - Memorial Day:  Rest, relaxation, and Texas Roadhouse.  God bless our troops!

No comments: