Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunday

Today we visited Mt. Tabor (some claim it was the site of the transfiguration of Christ). We went to the waters of Ein Harod Springs where Gideon once chose the army which delivered Israel from the oppression of the Midianites.

We swam at Gan Hashlosha which brought back more memories for me. I remember looking over that waterfall as a kid. We had some more great food for lunch there. I'm sure I was the whitest guy in the area.

We visited the ancient tel of Bet She'an, where 6,000 years of civilization seems to unfold among the ruins, including the country's best preserved Roman theatre which in its day seated 8,000. My favorite section was the ancient bathroom.

Our last stop was the Jordan River. We passed by the section of the river (which is no longer accessible) where I was baptized 20 years ago.

The ancient bathroom

Swimming at Gan Hashlosha

With Jarem at Gan Hashlosha

Is this how they used their bathrooms back then?

We ran into Daniel Rona in one of the old churches we visited

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey! Look at Dad trying to blend in with "real" people by wearing his polo shirt. :)

I love that picture at Gan Hashlosha. It looks like an oasis! Beautiful!